Children and Youth
We strive to make church a safe, friendly place for children; a place where God’s love is evident through the caring warmth of adults. Regularly planned activities like special Christmas programs, Easter egg hunts, Sunday School, and other special kids’ activities are designed:
- to encourage children to do their own thinking about God,
- to encourage the development of a dynamic, growing faith,
- to encourage children to see their faith as life-encompassing.
Our Sunday School teachers and preschool & children’s committee are working hard to create meaningful moments of connection with our kids through making special deliveries, staying in touch, and helping them process their feelings.
All of our children’s volunteers are fully vaccinated and go through a background check.
From 9:30am-12pm (beginning Sept. 4, 2022), we offer childcare for infants-kindergarten. Parents pick up children immediately upon the conclusion of the worship service. We invite 1st-5th graders to join their families in worship.
- On 1st and 5th Sundays we have a Children’s Sermon in worship that is interactive and part of our faith formation. On 1st Sundays, our preschoolers join us in the Sanctuary for the Children’s Sermon.
- On 2nd Sundays, we have Children’s Worship where kids leave the service for the last 25 minutes with our Interim Director of Faith Formation, Anna Rullan-Garcia to participate in hands on activities and discussion. Parents pick up in room 132 immediately following worship.
- On 3rd Sundays we have Children’s Story & Library time from 11:30-end of worship. Children leave worship to attend story time in the Library. After story time, they are able to look for books and check them out. Led by Library Committee
- On 4th Sundays, we offer Music for Kids where the kids leave the service for the last 25 minutes with our Minister of Music, Rev. Phil Carpenter to play instruments, learn music, and play. We meet in the childcare room so the youngest kids can join in the musical fun. Parents pick up in room 125 immediately following worship.
To find out more information or volunteer to help, contact Anna Rullan-Garcia.
Ravensworth is a community of believers that encourages spiritual searching. We especially foster this idea among our young people, whom we encourage to ask their questions and express their feelings without fear of judgment. This kind of environment, we believe, develops positive self images.
As participating members of the church community, young people from 6th to 12th grades are encouraged to discover and use their many gifts and talents. Our youth thrive and participate in Sunday School. They are challenged to express their concerns for others through positive actions, such as working on construction projects with Habitat for Humanity and Rebuilding Together, walking in the CROP Walk, and other service projects.
The youth also share in social activities together. The ski retreat in February and Passport camp in June have become annual traditions. For information on the latest Youth activities, contact April Pavis-Shroeder.
Upcoming Youth and Children Events
- October 9 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every week that begins at 9:30 am on Sunday, repeating until December 18, 2022
- October 9 @ 9:45 am - 10:45 am|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every week that begins at 9:45 am on Sunday, repeating until December 18, 2022
- October 9 @ 11:00 am - 11:15 am|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every week that begins at 11:00 am on Sunday, repeating until December 18, 2022