Purpose of Position The Accompanist position at Ravensworth Baptist Church (RBC) will assist the congregation in its ministry to each other, our community, and the world by providing leadership and support for the church’s music ministry.
This is a part-time, salaried position of 8 hours per week. The Accompanist is supervised by the Minister of Music, with consultative support from the Pastor, and the Personnel Committee.
- Play the organ and/or piano for Sunday morning worship services, including hymns, Preludes, Meditations, Offertories, Solos, and Postludes as appropriate to specific services.
- Play the organ and/or piano for special programs/services as coordinated with Pastor and Minister of Music.
- Accompany the choir at regularly scheduled rehearsals and extra rehearsals for special presentations such as Christmas and Easter music.
- Find a substitute when unable to play for Sunday morning services or choir practices.
- Coordinate with the Minister of Music regarding maintenance of organ and/or piano, including making the Minister of Music aware of any problems with instruments that require attention.
- Offer availability to provide music for other non-choir and non-worship related congregational activities in consultation with the Minister of Music and other staff.
Please send cover letter, resume, and references to Rev. Dr. Leah Grundset Davis, Pastor of RBC: firstname.lastname@example.org. Start date is flexible, we hope to have someone in place by May 1.