Dear RBC Congregation,
Like all of you, we have longed for the day when we could safely gather in person. As you know, our most recent deadline is to provide an update by May 15 for gatherings and building use. It will take all of us to move forward in hope, so we invite you to spend some time with the information below so we can gather safely.
The COVID Advisory Group and the Leadership Council have continued to look at the vaccination and virus positivity numbers in our area as well as make building improvements. We are awaiting the completion of our new HVAC system, which is scheduled to occur the end of June. Once that is complete, we will be able to provide suggestions for next steps for the remainder of the summer and into the fall.
We are excited to make recommendations to the congregation for some outdoor in-person worship services as well as outdoor in-person small group gatherings!
Outdoor in-person worship services
We will host three outdoor in-person vespers worship services (May 23 at 7pm, June 6 at 6pm, June 27 at 6pm) and one Sunday morning outdoor in-person service on June 13 at 11am. All services will be 30 minutes.
For those gathering for outdoor in-person services:
- Wear a mask
- Maintain social distance
- Bring your own chair/blanket
- We will have an accessible seating area on the front patio
- Restrooms will not be available until the completion of the HVAC
All services that take place outdoor and in-person will also take place on zoom so everyone can worship together.
Over the next few weeks we will worship in a variety of ways, as we are in between what has been and whatever will be. You are invited to print the schedule at the bottom of the email and keep it handy. Please read all RBC communications. As we gather for outdoor in-person services, it is possible we will have weather issues. If that is the case, we will gather on zoom.
Here’s what each kind of worship means:
- Online Worship: Pre-recorded service available on YouTube, Facebook, RBC Website, call-in for audio
- Zoom Worship: Join our RBC Zoom link
- Outdoor in-person: Gather on the front lawn of RBC, masked, socially distant.
Small Groups Meeting Outdoors in-person at RBC
Want to schedule an outdoor small group meeting at RBC? Here’s what to know:
- 10 people max
- As schedule allows, outside PDO hours (Tues.-Fri., 8:30am-2pm)
- If all are vaccinated, masks not required. Please keep a mask with you, as you may encounter those from outside your group.
- No restrooms available at this time
- BYO chair, etc.
- Group leader must coordinate and reserve time on schedule with Cathy Baskin
We imagine we’ll learn some new things as we gather in these ways so we invite your patience, thoughtful reflection, and your enthusiasm.
Moving forward in hope!
COVID Advisory Group & Leadership Council